Inert Normandy Campaign 'TW 42' Twin Cities Ordnance Plant .30 Caliber Bullet

Inert Normandy Campaign 'TW 42' Twin Cities Ordnance Plant .30 Caliber Bullet

30.00

The M1919 originally fired the .30 cal M1906 (30-06) ball cartridge, and later the .30 caliber M2 ball cartridge, contained in a woven cloth belt, feeding from left to right. A metal M1 link was later adopted, forming a "disintegrating" belt. As a company support weapon, the M1919 required at least a two-man machine gun team. But, in practice, four men were normally involved: the gunner (who fired the gun and when advancing carried the tripod and box of ammunition), the assistant gunner (who helped feed the gun and carried it, and a box of spare parts and tools), and two ammunition carriers.

History of the .50 and .30 cal cartridge during WWII:

Production of small arms ammunition began on March 9, 1942, and the plant remained in production for 42 months. Between 1942 and 1945. The work force reached its peak in July 1943, when employment totaled about 26,000 people, more than half of whom were women. Total World War II production exceeded 4 billion rounds; 2.2 billion rounds of .30 cal and 2 billion rounds of .50 cal cartridges. 

This inert shell was brought back by 4th Infantry CPL. William Jasko. William Jasko of Mountainside New Jersey served his country during WWII in the 4th Infantry Division and was a member of one of the first US infantry units to attack the German on Utah Beach during the D-Day invasion. Jasko later went on to serve in operations throughout Northern France as well as the liberation of Paris against the Nazis.

Add To Cart